Vision Solutions Double-Take Review
Has greatly improved our disaster recovery time but even after ports are enabled still issues with server communication.

Valuable Features

In Version 7.xx the most valuable feature to me is being able to carry out a test full server failover in which case the primary server is still up and running.

Improvements to My Organization

Double-Take has greatly improved our disaster recovery failover time.

Use of Solution

I have used Double-Take for over 4 years now.

Yes I encountered issues with deployment. The information provided in the guide just stated about 2 or 3 communication ports but even after these ports are enabled there are still issues with the 2 servers communicating via double-take. There are also issues during job creation. When all security is relaxed on the servers and firewalls it works fine. So we need more information as regards required windows services, communication and management ports, antivirus exclusion rules…etc

The solution in itself was stable but is very dependent on bandwith.

None.

The customer service rep I interacted with was very forth-coming and helpful. I will rate it very high.

I recommend that the support team improve on the windows skills. On several occasions they were unable to assist with *.msi issues that caused the double-take installer not to work.

The initial setup was very straight forward.

Implementation Team