Vision Solutions Double-Take Review

What is most valuable?

Full server migration possibility and SQL migrations.

How has it helped my organization?

It gives us the possibility to migrate/protect customer servers and data in the simplest way.

What needs improvement?

• Linux compatibility
  • SQL migrations
  • GUI

For over a year.

Not such a good coverage of the most widely used Linux server distributions, so many issues happen while migrating these servers.

Still no official support for Windows 2016.

We are in contact with the technical and sales support and they provide professional services in all aspects.

We have been using different products for the migrations, like PlateSpin, AppZero, etc. We switched because of customer requests.

It depends on the product of Carbonite (Vision-Solutions before). But yes, in most cases it is really simple to handle the work.

To always think what they really need and don't buy overpriced license models. The sales support will find the best choice for your application.

We used PlateSpin or AppZero, or some manual migration techniques.

What other advice do I have?

Consult with the company if this product is good for you and how they can handle the nonstandard situations with your setup.

1 visitor found this review helpful