Visual Paradigm Review

User friendly with lots of templates and is consistently updated with more features

What is most valuable?

The solution has a community edition, which makes it free of charge. I'm using the community edition myself within our organization. We are a small team and it's easier for us to find free options.

Visual Paradigm is great due to the fact that there are lots of templates in their product.

The solution seems to be constantly improving itself with regular updates and add-ons.

The solution is very user-friendly. It's easy to just open it and start working.

What needs improvement?

I'm not sure what is missing within the solution. We haven't used it long enough to really dive deep into its features and usability, as we've only worked on a few projects.

There might be a better solution on the market, however, this is the only solution I'm really familiar with at this point.

The solution could be more compatible with other products in the future.

I've been using the solution for more than a year. We've used it on one or two projects.

We have the July 22, 2020 release right now, and it is very stable. There aren't any issues with it at all. We haven't seen any bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's been reliable for our organization.

The solution is a single modeling software. Therefore the scalability question isn't really applicable.

We're a small firm. We don't have a lot of users and don't need to add a lot of people on a regular basis. There are only three consultants on our team. In total in the company, there may only be 10-15 people. Therefore we don't need to scale per se.

We have a very simple community edition. We've never had to reach out to technical support. If we need assistance, we have another IT firm that can assist us. In terms of if we have any how-to questions, we typically just turn to Google and search for answers that way.

We are also using process design software. I can't recall the name. It's a market leader visualizing for software. It's similar to Microsoft Visio, however, it is called something else.

The initial implementation is not difficult or complex. It's quite easy and straightforward.

Deployment is also easy. You just take the tool and install it. We use it on Microsoft Windows and have never had any issues.

We use the community edition, which is free. There are no licensing costs and no other costs above this.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a consultant. We're just customers and we're simply using the free version of the product as we're a pretty small company.

Overall, I would rate the solution eight out of ten due to the fact that it's a great solution. That said, I have no real comparison. I've used only really used this solution.

Currently, I'm learning about this solution and process mining and solutions like UiPath as well. We're moving towards the RPA world.

More Visual Paradigm reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Visual Paradigm. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
456,966 professionals have used our research since 2012.