Visual Studio Test Professional Review

It makes it easy to handle a lot of things and has good community support, but it needs better performance and error handling

What is our primary use case?

I use it for coding, debugging, and other usual things.

What is most valuable?

It is very easy to use. You can handle a lot of things together at once in one package, which is a good point for us.

What needs improvement?

It is not good in terms of performance. When you open Visual Studio, you have to wait for a while to process your code. It uses a lot of resources and has a lot of features. If we could disable some of the features, it would be lighter and faster to use. Nowadays, for some of the projects, we use VS Code for JavaScript or Python. VS Code is very light and easy to use, whereas, in Visual Studio, we have to wait because it takes time to compile or run a project. It has a lot of competitors in terms of performance, such as Intelligent ID. Intelligent ID is very easy to use. It has many features, and it is lighter to use than Visual Studio.

In terms of error handling, sometimes, it shows an error before you finish your code, which can be improved. It would be good if it has a version for Linux. I use VS Code on Linux, but I am not sure if Visual Studio has a version for Linux.

I have been using this solution for four or five years.

I haven't contacted their technical support. We always search on the web. You can easily find most of the information on the web or Microsoft site. They have a big community, and you can find the information very easily.

The initial installation is very good and easy. In 2015, they added a visual installer, which made it easier than before. Nowadays, we use Visual Studio to change or modify some of the packages, and it is much easier than before.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. I would rate Visual Studio Test Professional a seven out of ten.

More Visual Studio Test Professional reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with SmartBear TestComplete
Learn what your peers think about Visual Studio Test Professional. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.