Visual Studio Test Professional Review

Stable and user friendly with a straightforward setup

What is our primary use case?

I primarily write small applications for windows with it; we also use it for database administration.

What is most valuable?

The main interface is very user-friendly. The system overall is very useable. If you have to start a new project or new area, the system and the tutorial are great.

What needs improvement?

The database administration could be better; it would be nice if we could do every design related task also in Visual Studio what is possible in SQL Server Management Studio.

I've been using the solution for 20 years.

The solution is very stable; there's nothing in relation to stability to complain about.

The solution is very scalable.

I've never reached out to technical support. Typically, if I run into problems, I look for answers in the forums.

The initial setup was straightforward.

If you are buying the solution, it's quite pricey. They also offer a community version, which is a good approach.

What other advice do I have?

At the start, many years ago, it was not the best solution, but now it is the best in a technical development environment. The solution is installed directly onto PCs. We're using the 2017 version; the last few years the solution hasn't changed too much.

I'd rate the solution ten out of ten.

It's my favorite tool, I haven't used anything else which is better than Visual Studio. I feel that I'm not using all of the capabilities so I'm content with the level of features on offer. In the latest versions, you can also develop and rate applications with it so it's really quite a complete product.

In terms of advice I would give to others, I'd recommend that they go through the tutorials to get used to the solution and its offerings.

More Visual Studio Test Professional reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with SmartBear TestComplete
Find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, Micro Focus, Ranorex and others in Functional Testing Tools. Updated: January 2021.
456,719 professionals have used our research since 2012.