Visual Studio Test Professional Review

Good reporting and integrates well with other Microsoft tools

What is our primary use case?

I use this solution to load data from Excel into a database and perform transformations on the data in between.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the SSIS reports, the deployment models, and the ability to interact with other Microsoft tools.

What needs improvement?

The stability of this solution needs to be improved because sometimes it hangs and crashes.

The speed at which deployment can be done has room for improvement.

The support documentation that is available on the Microsoft website should be improved.

I would like to see more visuals, such as graphs and diagrams, added.

I have been using Visual Studio Test Professional for two years.

If it were not for the hangs and crashes that I sometimes experience, I would say that this solution is stable.

This is a scalable solution and I have enrolled a lot of users. We have perhaps 1,000 users.

I would rate Microsoft technical support for this solution a seven out of ten.

I have not spoken with them directly, but I have had problems when I go online and search for solutions. The documents on the Microsoft website are not very useful, and they ought to make it easier to find answers. The documents, overall, are a bit hard to understand and are not user-friendly.

I have used previous versions of Microsoft Visual Test Studio including the 2010 and 2008 editions. I switched to the 2015 version because of the new features.

I would say that the initial setup is fine, although I would rate it a medium level of complexity. Deploying this solution is not very quick, which is something that can be improved.

I was also considering Alteryx but I chose this solution because of the cost.

What other advice do I have?

More Visual Studio Test Professional reviews from users