VisualCron Review

Internal customers are able to perform their tasks without the IT department's assistance

What is our primary use case?

It is quick and easy to use scheduling and some simple SQL jobs. We have some tools to automate our stuff, including CI/CD stuff (like Jenkins) and building pipelines. For the every day business user, this is way too complicated. It breaks a fly on the wheel for these sort of requirements. VisualCron is a handy tool that we (the IT department) provide for the business departments to obtain easy access when automating and scheduling. We absolutely love this nifty piece of software.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved our organization with more automation within the business departments and less administration and development in the IT department. Usually, as the IT department, we are the bottleneck for many requirements within the business. With this tool, the business departments are able to perform many task themselves.

What is most valuable?

Simplicity is the most valuable feature. You just use the tool. Some preferences and permissions are not quite self-explanatory, but those are rather advanced features. Our internal customers are able to perform their tasks without our assistance.

What needs improvement?

The guys work very hard and that amazes us with every major release. Our suggestion to make it better and more manageable in terms of GDPR: Implement it in a very partnership way.

Over five years.

It has worked like a charm for five years. We have had more problems with the Windows Server beneath it than with VisualCron.

Scalability seems possible, but currently we are using a small setup without the need to scale.

Those guys are amazing. Their support answers quickly.

Michael and Henrik are always friendly and competent. I love them.

We still use other software for similar tasks, but those are with DevOps in mind. Those are way too complicated for business users. If you're looking for a GUI tool, VisualCron is the best that we have found so far

Straightforward.

In-house: It was a simple setup.

Don't know the number, but very high.

We are fine with a rather cheap setup. Licensing with VisualCron is fair. You have a simple one-year licence in different sizes. There isn't a licensing jungle with hundreds of options and opt-ins.

OpenStudio, Airflow, and Talend.

What other advice do I have?

I absolutely love these guys. We have had web sessions, mails, and forum support. There are always friendly and very quick regarding understanding problems and answering.