VMware Horizon Air Review

Easy deployment with good performance and can scale well

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for our client, a university. We use it in the lab for the students.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to deploy. It's got a straightforward implementation that isn't hard to execute.

The product offers very good performance.

We're able to use HTML for the web connection, which is quite helpful.

The solution has proven to be very stable.

We find the solution is rather scalable.

What needs improvement?

It would be very helpful if we could integrate it directly into the database.

It's a costly product. It would help if they could offer it at a discount.

It would be ideal if the solution could enhance the user interface and make a modern dashboard.

I've been using the solution for just one year. Previously, we used Horizon 7. I haven't been using this solution for very long.

The solution is stable. It doesn't have bugs or glitches that affect its performance. It doesn't crash or freeze at all. It's pretty reliable.

The solution is scalable. If a company needs to expand it, it should be able to do so without issue.

Technical support for this solution is very good. They are knowledgeable and responsive. We're pretty happy with them so far and have been satisfied with the level of service we receive.

The solution is not too complex to set up. We found the implementation fairly easy.

The solution is quite expansive.

What other advice do I have?

We're a VMware partner.

Overall, I would rate the solution eight out of ten. It's quite good, however, it's also quite expensive.

Find out what your peers are saying about VMware, Citrix, Microsoft and others in Virtual Desktop. Updated: January 2021.
456,966 professionals have used our research since 2012.