VMware Horizon View Review

We now have full visibility across all our sites from one pane of glass, although I'd like I/O acceleration within VMware instead of having to use a third party.

What is most valuable?

Being able to centrally manage our environments from one pane of glass.

How has it helped my organization?

Before we virtualized it was stand alone systems, now I can see all ten sites we manage, and manage the systems. If we need to make changes, we can do it with a snapshot. It's much easier than before, plus we now have visibility into everything going on.

What needs improvement?

One thing is I'd like to be able to see I/O acceleration within VMware instead of having to use a third party, like VMTurbo.

We haven’t had any issues – its worked really well.

With virtual environments, we are highly scalable. Before, when we had a physical environment adding a server was a whole process, now we have a base VM, and we just add it, provisioning servers is nothing. Now it takes two to three hours, instead of two to three weeks.

I haven’t had any issues. They're easy to get hold of, and they're able to help with all our issues.

There was no other solution in place.

It was fairly straightforward. It took getting used to the new technology but it wasn’t too difficult.