VMware Horizon View Review

It allows us to spin up desktops and set multiple images quickly, although it lacks enough standardized instructions and rules.

Valuable Features:

The ability to spin up desktops as quickly as possible. You just build one image and then set multiple images and be ready quickly.

Improvements to My Organization:

If you have a training session, you can spin up more very quickly, which helps in the training ability for end-users.

Room for Improvement:

I wish there were more standardized instructions and rules. There are too many gotchas.

Stability Issues:

We're moving to 6.1 from 5.x, so far it's been good. An older version was unstable, but that was before I got there.

Scalability Issues:

There's some little gotchas with moving some up, and you can only have so many VMs, so it does have limitations.

Initial Setup:

It’s a little advanced because more gotchas (certificates, different servers in different order).

Other Advice:

Make sure you know the product, and do a POC first.

5.x & 6.1
More VMware Horizon View reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about VMware Horizon View. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
511,607 professionals have used our research since 2012.