VMware Identity Manager Review

Scalable, affordable, and easy to deploy

What is our primary use case?

We have used the solution to deploy for corporate organizations and also for complex networks.

What needs improvement?

I would say that VMware has actually met all of our requirements. I don't feel like we presently need to actually have any improvements. It's actually a good fit, especially for our market.

The security features could always use improvement, although there has already been a huge improvement from years ago.

I've been using the solution for 11 months.

The solution is scalable.

The solution was easy to deploy.

I have an internal team for the deployment. Interestingly, I actually am the founder of a company, and one of the other founders of the company is a VMware partner.

The price is high. Also, the infrastructure requirements are huge. We're looking at three locations then I'm also looking at connectivity in between locations and then I'm also looking at the application.

What other advice do I have?

I'm currently in the process of testing the solution. In terms of cost, I'd probably go with HP or VMware. We have a number of VMware implementations, so VMware is the only solution that we have actually used.

Generally, I am satisfied with VMware because they have been quite responsive in terms of the kind of challenges that we have in the Central African region. We have solutions that are very scalable. It's also very flexible, especially with regard to multi-cloud infrastructure. In other areas, it's actually not more capable in terms of running the virtual machine. It's also more flexible in terms of the choice of hardware that you'd actually like to use.

We haven't actually used VMware outside of the test environment. Previously, one of our challenges was providing enough security in the virtual environment but VMware achieved that years ago. I don't quite see any urgent need for me, but maybe other organizations may require VMware for a more complex deployment. For us, VMware, pretty good.

It's also scalable, it's more affordable, and it's also easier to deploy. It's not restrictive to particular hardware. VMware meets practically all of our expectations at this point.

I would rate this solution nine out of 10.