VMware NSX Review

Great for protecting virtual machines; stable and reliable

What is our primary use case?

Many of our customers are moving to these kinds of options in order to reduce the number of physical devices and to increase security. I'm an architect of enterprise business and we are an enterprise partner with VMware.

What is most valuable?

The solution is valuable in that it makes it very easy to protect virtual machines

What needs improvement?

The product is quite complex and that could be an area where improvements could be made.

I've been using this solution for over a year.

This solution is stable.

The solution is scalable. I've implemented it in an organization with 2.000 servers and it's fine. That is my experience. I don't have experience with larger environments.

We are directly linked to VMware so we haven't needed to contact the technical support.

We did face some challenges with the initial setup.

The cost of the solution is a little high, particularly given that most people will not use all the features of the product. If a customer does use all the options, it is a very cheap solution but that is unlikely. For a regular user looking for normal switching, the price feels high. If it's implemented properly you can reduce the cost.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good product and I highly recommend it.

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

Hybrid Cloud
More VMware NSX reviews from users
...who work at a Retailer
...who compared it with Cisco ACI
Learn what your peers think about VMware NSX. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: April 2021.
479,763 professionals have used our research since 2012.