VMware NSX Review

Comprehensive graphical interface, overall functional, and great technical support

What is most valuable?

Some of the key features I find most valuable are the highly graphical user interface, virtualization of networks, and Microsoft application compatibility. It has all the functionality that we require.

What needs improvement?

One drawback is this solution requires a lot of other products in the VMware ecosystem to have a full end-to-end operation orchestration monitoring. You have to buy a lot of add-ons to fully utilize the functionality.

Some additional features in the next release could be for the solution to be more directed toward the end-to-end functions, from physical to virtual monitoring. It should also include streamlined troubleshooting of our operation.

I have used the solution for approximately two years.

The solution has been stable.

I have found the solution to be highly scalable.

The experience we have had with the solutions technical support has been wonderful.

The setup was straightforward and it took a few weeks.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend the solution. I would like to point out this is a vendor-lock-in solution, where the user might be confined to a certain vendor for some time before they can move on adopting other vendors.

I rate VMware NSX an eight out of ten.

More VMware NSX reviews from users
...who compared it with Cisco ACI
Learn what your peers think about VMware NSX. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,535 professionals have used our research since 2012.