VMware NSX Review

Scalable, problem-free and very stable

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution in order to build a private cloud.

What is most valuable?

I'm not using it directly. Basically, for me, this is just another tool in the portfolio. I'm not the engineering staff that are next to the console and doing configurations.

Overall, I would say the solution has been quite stable.

The solution is likely scalable.

I haven't heard of any problems with the solution.

What needs improvement?

Any technical product has its own limitations in one place or another.

Our technical team is always looking for the solutions that they work with to offer more convenient integrations.

I've been using the solution for around a year or so.

The solution is very stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

There are some limitations in terms of scaling. It depends on how you would like to scale. Our engineers are using it and they don't see any problems with the scaling, however, it doesn't mean the same will work for any other organization.

Currently, we have more than 10,000 end-users. Our technical team isn't really that big. However, I can't say the exact number.

We do plan to continue to use the solution, however, we don't have plans for any big expansion.

I do not have any personal experience with technical support. I can't speak to how helpful, knowledgeable, or responsive they are.

I cannot say if there was a different solution used in our organization. It had been implemented before I arrived.

I didn't handle the initial installation. I can't speak to how easy or difficult it was to implement, or how long it took to deploy. I wasn't a part of the process.

I'm not involved in the licensing process at all. I have no knowledge of how long our licenses last or how much it costs the company.

What other advice do I have?

We are just a customer and end-user. We don't have a business relationship with VMware.

We use a few different VMware products, not just NSX.

We aren't necessarily using the latest version of the solution. We usually use the latest minus one or two versions.

In general, I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We've been mostly quite please with it.

More VMware NSX reviews from users
...who work at a Retailer
...who compared it with Cisco ACI
Learn what your peers think about VMware NSX. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: April 2021.
479,763 professionals have used our research since 2012.