VMware NSX Review

Provides more security and micro-segmentation but needs to support more platforms

What is our primary use case?

It's very useful for making network configurations and setting the network configurations in an easy way. The infrastructure team has all of the components under these controls, that is, the infrastructure and the network itself.

What is most valuable?

It gives more security and micro-segmentation. It helps to set network configurations in an easy way.

What needs improvement?

NSX-T supports more platforms, and VMware NSX only supports some platforms like KVM. I want to see support for Hyper-V and other hypervisors.

Their technical support could be faster as well.

I've been dealing with this solution for around three years.

I think that technical support should be faster.

Sometimes, deployment can take around four weeks. For the design and deployment, it can take eight weeks. We need more days, at times, for migration or for deploying security.

We have one team member per customer for the deployment, and we have 10 customers using this solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend VMware NSX for big projects and would rate it at seven on a scale from one to ten.

More VMware NSX reviews from users
...who compared it with Cisco ACI
Learn what your peers think about VMware NSX. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
536,548 professionals have used our research since 2012.