VMware NSX Review

Scalable; takes care of our whole environment

What is most valuable?

Security. Our Trend platform runs off NSX.

How has it helped my organization?

We use the solution strictly for security.

Roughly six months.

We didn't have this issue, but I would recommend to others looking at this solution to make sure that their hardware is compatible.

It seems to be taking care of our whole environment. It seems to be pretty scalable.

I have not used it, but my coworker has. Every time he talks to them, they're easy to get a hold of; very knowledgeable and they solve his issues right away.

If you put in a trouble ticket, they contact you very quickly (in response). If there is a problem, it usually isn't around very long. They jump on it, fix it, and it's done.

We were on McAfee, and we switched to Trend. We switched to Trend because Trend supports virtual environment a lot better than McAfee does.

Trend migrated in a way that it will only work with NSX. The older version of Trend that we were on worked without NSX. The newer version does not. Now, we use NSX in conjunction with Trend.

We upgraded Trend to keep up-to-date and all the security loopholes closed.

What other advice do I have?

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor:

• They have to be able to support the environment you're running.
  • The service and support is a big must. We work at an Enterprise level, so sometimes you can't go with the little new guy. You need that 24 hour service and support, seven days a week. It is very important for us.
More VMware NSX reviews from users
...who compared it with Cisco ACI
Learn what your peers think about VMware NSX. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,742 professionals have used our research since 2012.