VMware NSX Review

We can deliver the network that customers need quickly and safely

Video Review:

What is most valuable?

We can deliver the network that customers need quickly and safely. That is most important.

What needs improvement?

There is one feature I'm finding with VMware which is special for us from IBM with JIRA routing protocols. This is in the future that they are planning, especially right now with our compatible AWS. AWS is good, understood, except for the software to improve, probably with Amazon right now doing this partnership. VMware and access are going to be improved for that.

It's totally stable, because right now it's running version 6.3. It's very mature. Even the versions with VMware 5.5, 6, and 6.5 are very stable right now. It's becoming more open to other environments, too. It's not only working with VMware, but also with Red Hat and Ubuntu. It's an amazing product.

Totally scalable. I almost can tell this is the first real multi-tenant product from VMware that will scale out and do real multitenancy.

Tech support is nice. It could be a little bit better. Simple, since this is a new product, you don't have too much specialists over the world. Because it is a mix between the virtual world with VMs, and now networks, it's networking virtualization. So, VMware with NSX is being a pioneer. They are improving their support every day.