VMware NSX Review

VPN, PCM, and L7 balancing are key for our customers

What is our primary use case?

Our customers need load balance and firewalls with advanced NSX. They are really happy to use NSX.

How has it helped my organization?

It's free for our customers. It benefits them in that way and it benefits us because it makes our customers happy.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features would be VPN and PCM.

I use L7 balancing. I can use it for two tethers and I can see the source IP. I can split for monitoring for me and my analyst.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see extended performance charts in other versions of NSX. For example, CPU usage, memory usage, and bandwidth usage on NSX.

I would rate this product an eight because it's a good product but it needs more work. They should fix some of the bugs.

NSX is very stable. I don't remember when I have ever had any trouble with NSX. It's been a great process.

The scalability is not perfect.

We use technical support but not for NSX. We don't have any trouble from NSX and we, therefore, don't need technical support.

I found the initial setup to be complex.

What other advice do I have?

NSX can reduce costs and has good service. It is easy for you and your users to use.

We have integrated this solution with vCloud Director. Without NSX you can't deploy the cloud.