VMware NSX Review

we can deploy many VMs faster but we have had recent issues with stability

What is our primary use case?

My company's primary use case for this solution is the microsegmentation. It's futuristic.

How has it helped my organization?

VMware NSX has improved our organization in the way that we can now deploy many VMs faster than before and so we are scaling up much faster.

What is most valuable?

We like that NSX is faster. My colleagues manage their own firewalls so they can freely deploy their VMs. The ability to freely deploy is one of the most valuable features.

This solution is robust and agile. It was stable for one year, there was no impact. In the last two months, we had two big incidents.

We are happy with the scalability.

We have needed to use their technical support. We've have had good and bad experiences with them. We don't always find them to be so impactful. Sometimes the support guy isn't so on top of resolving the issue and it can take a while to sort out.

It was deployed by a VMware consultant.

What other advice do I have?

I would tell people who say that NSX is complex that it's not as complex as they think and they should definitely consider this solution.

I would have rated this solution a nine, but in the last two months, we have had two incidents with them.