VMware NSX Review

We can do a lot of things without waiting for the purchase of additional devices, such as setting up VRF on physical devices

What is our primary use case?

We support clients who use on-premise VMware NSX. We provide daily maintenance and support for this solution.

How has it helped my organization?

We are mostly using it for microsegmentation, which is very good. We now use it on a daily basis. Our clients are very satisfied that we can limit ourselves to NSX without the need to purchasing additional network systems and physical devices.

We can do a lot of things without waiting for the purchase of additional devices, such as setting up VRF on physical devices. We are able to implement a lot of things with the infrastructure code.

What is most valuable?

The firewall is its most valuable feature.

It is a mature solution that is available for enterprise companies.

What needs improvement?

We would like tenant segmentation available in future releases.

So far, so good.

We haven't face any problems yet with scalability. Hopefully, it will stay that way.

We were previously using the physical devices from Cisco.

The setup is not easy, but it is doable.

We did it ourselves.

We have been able to save CAPEX with this solution.

We chose NSX because we were looking for a product with network polarization, so VMware was the first choice for us.

What other advice do I have?

PoC the platform before you test it. It is not so bad.

We are using the VVD implementation. It is implemented together with the vRA, vROps, and other solutions.