VMware Player Review

I've significantly improved my desktop processing productivity

Valuable Features:

By using a VMware player, I've significantly improved my desktop processing productivity. By having multiple VMs running in the background for testing software, running scripts, or doing other CPU intensive tasks, I can get a lot more accomplished without interfering with my programs running in the forefront on a PC or another VM.

Room for Improvement:

The initial setup is quite easy, but can be daunting to someone unfamiliar with desktop computing environments.
More VMware Player reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about VMware, NComputing, Parallels and others in Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI). Updated: September 2021.
534,468 professionals have used our research since 2012.
2 Comments

author avatarit_user2652 (Project Manager at a non-tech company with 10,001+ employees)
Top 20PopularVendor

What operating system are you running on VMPlayer guests? Did you find any decrease in performance on your PC while VMPlayer guests are running?

author avatarit_user4401 (Developer at a transportation company with 1,001-5,000 employees)

You said that the initial setup is quite easy. Can you tell me, please, how much time did you spend with the initial setup?