VMware RabbitMQ Review
Has a very useful management console but difficult to integrate with automated test and CICD
What is our primary use case?
- Transaction processing between microservices
- Message queue integration with Spring and RPC over Rabbit.
How has it helped my organization?
- Quick and simple to implement
- Easy to build proof-of-concept modules based on working examples from Pivotal.
What is most valuable?
- Out-of-the-box setup and configuration
- Great documentation and support from Pivotal
- Very useful management console
What needs improvement?
- Difficult to integrate with automated test and CICD
- Moving beyond basic configurations can be challenging
- Not clear how to implement durable subscriber connections
- Not clear how a Rabbit service restart allows subscriber auto re-connect
- Service cluster failover depends on shared disk infrastructure.
For how long have I used the solution?
One to three years.
**Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
Last updated: Dec 16 2018
More VMware RabbitMQ reviews from users