VMware Service Manager Review

We don't have any issues if the node fails

What is our primary use case?

We have seven physical nodes on vCenter. Now, we have about 100 plus activations running on VMware.

What is most valuable?

We have installed a physical server for failover. We need to configure cluster on everything. But with VMware, we do not need to cluster. We get automatically seven physical nodes failover. If one fails we have no issues. We will then have six nodes. We can handle all these applications or resources.

What needs improvement?

I've been working with VMware for about four or five years so if we need help, we have a service agreement with them. We can get help from VMware at any time if we need any improvement or help with a configuration.

I have been using this solution for three years.

It is stable.

It is scalable.

We have around 3,000 users benefiting from VMware.

Their support is good. If we ever have issues, we can easily get support.

We are using a middle server from VMware so we introduced maturation into our container. We would like to implement Nutanix or a hyper-converged solution. We only use VMware as a partial server, not hyper-converged. We are implementing Nutanix.

What other advice do I have?

It is a good product. I would rate it an eight out of ten.

Not a ten because the price is high.

We use VMware for 50 licenses from HP. We get support from HP, not from VMware. If we take any issues to VMware their support is not up to mark. We get some support from HP through VMware so it will take time for their support to increase.

ESX 6.7
Find out what your peers are saying about VMware, ServiceNow, BMC and others in IT Asset Management. Updated: May 2021.
510,882 professionals have used our research since 2012.