VMware Software Defined Data Center Review

Good documentation and technical support

What is our primary use case?

My company is an integrator and we provide solutions such as VMware Software Defined Data Center for our customers.

Our customers use this solution to implement their own data centers using virtualization. It can be deployed on-premises or in the cloud. They deploy their network virtualization, cloud management, and then the provisioning is done automatically.

What is most valuable?

The documentation is very good.

What needs improvement?

The interface should be improved because when there are many alarms, it is difficult to figure out what the error is.

I have had a lot of trouble implementing automation in cloud-based deployments. The problem lies in the third-party integration.

It would be very valuable if they offered shareable data center designs.

The technical support is very good. There are three levels of support and they have helped me with special cases or issues.

Setting up this solution requires running a script and it configures the hardware.

It takes approximately one month to deploy to a private cloud.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good solution that can do many things.

I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.

More VMware Software Defined Data Center reviews from users
...who work at a Healthcare Company
...who compared it with Nutanix Xi Cloud Services [EOL]
Find out what your peers are saying about Azure Stack vs. VMware Software Defined Data Center and other solutions. Updated: September 2021.
536,244 professionals have used our research since 2012.