VMware SRM Review

Excellent replication feature, extremely stable and has a straightforward initial setup

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for disaster recovery.

What is most valuable?

The replication is the solution's most valuable feature. If we have some issues on the VM in the main site we can migrate it to another site automatically.

The configuration assembly for the VMware is good.

What needs improvement?

If you have a failover case, you need to work on it manually. It would be helpful if this could be automated. It would simplify things.

I've been using the solution for about three years.

The stability of the solution is great. We've tested the system and haven't discovered any bugs.

The solution is very scalable.

Technical support is amazing. They have a great background in VMware issues and engineering.

The initial setup is very straightforward. It's quite simple. However, those that implement it must have some experience in virtualization. In terms of deployment, you can have a demo regarding SRM and need to apply the scenario on it. Afterward, you can apply it to your environment. It's very easy.

I handled the implementation myself.

You need a license for SRM. We have a permanent license. There aren't additional fees if you need access to support. However, you can upgrade to another support tier. If you like, you can pay extra for premium support.

What other advice do I have?

We're using the on-premises deployment model.

I'd recommend the solution. I'd rate it ten out of ten.

More VMware SRM reviews from users