VMware Tanzu GemFire Review

Its valuable because of its high performance, integration with Spring Framework, easy installation, and configuration

What is most valuable?

• High performance
  • Integration with Spring Framework
  • Easy installation and configuration

How has it helped my organization?

We have been using GemFire for a Telco project, which we need process network data in real time and meanwhile access some reference data. GemFire has done a great job, as we have managed to process over 200,000 messages per second.

What needs improvement?

In build monitoring, the interface could be improved.

18 months.

With version 8.1, we had some issues while we were querying data from memory, but it has been fixed in version 8.2, and after that we have never had problems.

No, even when we had serious network problems, GemFire managed to recover.

A nine out of 10.

No, GemFire was always good enough for us.

Initial setup was easy. In older versions, the user interface was not helpful, but it's improved lately.

As a developer, I was never a part of this pricing decision. That's why I have no advice.

No, because we've started to use GemFire as part of a real-time intelligence platform.

What other advice do I have?

Trust GemFire and use the benefits of their strong documentation.

8.2
Find out what your peers are saying about VMware, Oracle, GridGain Systems and others in Database Development and Management. Updated: July 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.