VMware Tanzu Greenplum Review

The loaders – their methods, insert, update and merge – were most valuable.

What is most valuable?

The Greenplum loaders – their methods, insert, update and merge – were most valuable. The external table feature within Greenplum was also very valuable in achieving performance and scalability

How has it helped my organization?

A lot of customers use Greenplum and for their ETL use cases they use Informatica PWX for Greenplum, which helps them achieve transfer of data from a number of data sources into Greenplum. We can help customers to load data effortlessly and quickly.

What needs improvement?

It would be best if Greenplum would support array writes through ODBC drivers . Currently through Data Direct Greenplum drivers we can have single row inserts into Greenplum only. It would help if array loading is supported.

I have been using Greenplum loaders to load data into GreenPlum for three years.

There were no issues in deploying it.

The external table feature helps to make this a stable solution.

It scales to our and our customers needs as required.

The ongoing response from their support on certain technical issues has been slow. It would help if we can have a faster turn-around here.

There was no other solution used previously.

The installation and configuration is straightforward.

We implemented through a in-house team . The overall solution will be useful and is not complex

What other advice do I have?

If the use case is going to be requiring a huge data transfer and big data analytics. This is a good product to use.

More VMware Tanzu Greenplum reviews from users