VMware Tanzu Greenplum Review

It has HA built-in with mirroring and many other tuning features that make it highly configurable.

What is most valuable?

• Parallel Processing and Data Distribution based architecture.
  • HA built-in with mirroring.
  • Highly configurable and lots of tuning features.

How has it helped my organization?

• This has helped us bring down our end-to-end EDW load time to 1/3 the time.
  • It has enabled faster and efficient data analysis.
  • Scalable environment without adding too much cost.

What needs improvement?

• It needs a much more robust and user friendly monitoring and management front-end tool.
  • More stability and auto-recovery with the segments.
  • Report generations on system health and recommendations.

I've used it for two years.

Up to now, we've had no issues with deployment.

Up to now, we've had no issues with stability.

Up to now, we've had no issues with scalability.

The response is fairly good but would like more support from the R&D on more complex issues. Also, they need to ensure there are logs that can be used without causing any downtimes to the system for any case analysis.

It's a highly efficient and faster DB with lot of features at much less cost to that of other MPP DB’s evaluated.

It was complex as we have to code convert everything into GP functions so as to best be able to use the GP parallel. Pushdown feature was not available via Informatica. The initial parameter setup took quite some time to test to get the sweet spot for performance.

In-house with vendor support.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure you have the designs, approaches and architecture in place before kicking of the implementation. Its best to have someone involved with prior migration experience.

More VMware Tanzu Greenplum reviews from users