VMware Tanzu Observability by Wavefront Review

Good stability but overall still needs more technology enhancements and better automation

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for its applications, like the ELN import application. There are a few internal applications appropriate for future growth and they can start doing the high-end configuration already. We wanted to test all the capabilities of vSAN in VMware.

What needs improvement?

It could use a URL document server. Everything in the market is moving towards automation and everybody's looking for the single click operations as well relational data locality.

The virtualization could be improved.

I've been familiar with Wavefront for 10 years.

We haven't had any issues with stability.

In terms of scalability, we are small. Later on, we will just increase the data set up.

We have never needed to contact technical support.

The initial setup is straightforward. Since we are techno-handy guys we don't fail but it could be more complicated for new guys.

It’s in INR. Our data is on four sites and these are in the development phase. Different locations require different setups. In your terms, around 300 to around 400K USD.

Additionally, Nutanix is giving compression size and VXL this switch thing. And along with the hardware and software, and their expertise, so up to another 100K USD.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of 1 - 10, I give it a 7. This is because a lot of things need to be adapted. They just need more capability. A few areas still need more enhancements in the technology capability space.

More VMware Tanzu Observability by Wavefront reviews from users
...who compared it with Splunk Insights for Infrastructure
Learn what your peers think about VMware Tanzu Observability by Wavefront. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
456,719 professionals have used our research since 2012.