Vmware logo

VMware ThinApp Review
I found the capture & deploy features very valuable.

Valuable Features

I found the capture & deploy features very valuable.

Improvements to My Organization

Organizations are using it to virtualize applications that traditionally would Not be good candidates from app standpoint (ie: Siebel web apps with IE). It is allowing firms to extend application lifecycle for internal specific business units usage even if the app is out of support with vendor etc.

Room for Improvement

There are some functional areas Thinapp could be improved. Perhaps including application specific or hardware specific virtual drivers

Use of Solution

3 years

None that I can remember

8 or 9

8 or 9

Thinapp was preferred by customer ops team. they had previously used it to virtualize other internally used apps and it worked well.

Fairly straight forward to install ..capture app...kickoff virtualized app bundled in IE

Implementation Team

Implemented internal on project. Worked direct with both Vmware Support & Siebel support which I thought provided a strong level of support. As this was a thinapp v6/7 enterprise editions.. virtualization project for Siebel webapp on IE.

ROI

90%

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Do your research

Other Solutions Considered

Other Advice

A great solution to get started with app virtualization , app mobility and deployment

1 visitor found this review helpful
Anonymous avatar x30

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About VMware ThinApp?

Our experts can help. 239,537 professionals have used our research on 5,961 solutions.