VMware ThinApp Review

I found the capture & deploy features very valuable.

What is most valuable?

I found the capture & deploy features very valuable.

How has it helped my organization?

Organizations are using it to virtualize applications that traditionally would Not be good candidates from app standpoint (ie: Siebel web apps with IE). It is allowing firms to extend application lifecycle for internal specific business units usage even if the app is out of support with vendor etc.

What needs improvement?

There are some functional areas Thinapp could be improved. Perhaps including application specific or hardware specific virtual drivers

3 years

None that I can remember

8 or 9

8 or 9

Thinapp was preferred by customer ops team. they had previously used it to virtualize other internally used apps and it worked well.

Fairly straight forward to install ..capture app...kickoff virtualized app bundled in IE

Implemented internal on project. Worked direct with both Vmware Support & Siebel support which I thought provided a strong level of support. As this was a thinapp v6/7 enterprise editions.. virtualization project for Siebel webapp on IE.

90%

Do your research

What other advice do I have?

A great solution to get started with app virtualization , app mobility and deployment