VMware ThinApp Review

Streamlines checking our app after pushing an update, which helps cut costs

What is our primary use case?

If we are looking for virtualized an app without any hesitation we can go for this VMware thinapp

How has it helped my organization?

In the past we used multiple servers to load-balance the application and when we pushed updates to the application we would need to check it on all servers. But when it comes to VMware ThinApp we can do it on a file server or Isilon share and this helps cut costs and create a healthy environment.

If we publish an application in Citrix through a server we should have more capacity. On multiple occasions, some applications need updates so at that point we need to disable the servers. But in this case there is no need for disabling user sessions, they can use it and we can do just gpupdate to update all servers in a row.

What is most valuable?

Creating a ThinApp version, which was already packaged by the packaging team, helped me to publish an icon on Citrix.

What needs improvement?

There are some improvements needed regarding different types of options and still they are in research and build stage so once everything is set it will look good.

We have not had any issues in this environment.

We have not had any issues in this environment.

everything went well whenever we do raise a request they use to help us with solution easily

The initial setup is very easy but the key is how you package this app.

In house

NA

Am not aware completely about costing and all

When I joined the organisation they had been already using this product so I did not have a chance to evaluate other products. But Microsoft App-V does the same thing.

What other advice do I have?

It's a good product, go for it.