VMware vRealize Automation (vRA) Review

Provides automation for my customers to have guard rails on what they can deploy

What is most valuable?

Being able to provide automation for my customers, essentially having guard rails on what they can deploy and how much it is they're deploying in my environment.

How has it helped my organization?

We're still rolling it out. It's starting to help a little bit and people are starting to be able to see the power of it. I expect it will help, but we're still early in the journey.

What needs improvement?

Improvements in the API. Make it easier because that's where we tend to struggle when we were working with other groups. We spend time trying to digest the API to figure out how to actually consume it.

The UI could stand a lot of improvement as well. It doesn't look like a modern UI, so it needs some work.

I've been using it for four or five years.

But in my current employer, I've only been there for about eight months. They had it, but nobody was actually pushing the solution.

I haven't really had any issues with stability over the last four or five years that I've been using it.

We tend to do smaller deployments than huge deployments of it because we're usually targeting multiple groups.

I haven't contact technical support yet, but I do have a contact with VMware that I feel is knowledgeable.

I didn't set up this environment, but I have done the setup previously.

The process has gotten better. It's still a bit of complex. Once it's setup, you shouldn't have to touch it much.

Upgrades have gotten easier as the solution has progressed. It used to be much more difficult. Now, the process is a lot more streamlined.

Not applicable. The company already had the product when they brought me onboard.

What other advice do I have?

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor:

• Features
  • Stability
  • A community who know the product and can share information about it.
More VMware vRealize Automation (vRA) reviews from users