VMware vRealize Automation (vRA) Review

An effective Resource Management tool with some performance lag issues

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are:

• Seeing how the actual servers are responding
  • CPU times
  • Memory times.

This allows us more scalability in terms of different applications in using specific servers.

How has it helped my organization?

Resource management. That's the biggest thing. We're not scaling solutions too much larger than what they actually should be. We can actually take back a lot of the memory with some of the solutions that we're not necessarily using overall. This kind of management is probably the most beneficial.

What needs improvement?

There is some performance lag, but that could be on our end.

Great. I haven't noticed anything.

I would say great. For different solutions, it allows us to scale.

I haven't. My company has though. I haven't heard anything negative with it. It's all been positive.

We were not using something else, but internally we were overscaling a lot of different solutions and we were getting criticism from upper-level management.

I was not involved.

Look into it heavily when researching similar products, especially if you're looking in terms of budgetary issues with different servers or how you're gonna scale something. It allows you to have pretty concrete data to show to your management.

I wasn't a part of the decision-making process. I know VMware was one of the top choices.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure, and this solution does this, it touches on everything you want to see in a solution in terms of CPU memory. This is such an all-encompassing solution.

Someone that's willing to be a good partner with us. Someone who's responsive, and who when they set us up, or when we enter a partnership, they don't just disappear afterward.

More VMware vRealize Automation (vRA) reviews from users
...who compared it with Nutanix Calm
Learn what your peers think about VMware vRealize Automation (vRA). Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
513,091 professionals have used our research since 2012.