VMware vRealize Automation (vRA) Review

The blueprint functionality of the product is intuitive and user-friendly

What is our primary use case?

Automating the data center.

How has it helped my organization?

We have faster delivery times through its automation.

What is most valuable?

The blueprint functionality of the product is intuitive and user-friendly. The concept of the blueprints is visual and easy to use.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see support for Google Cloud and Azure. Because they don't support Google and Azure today, we need something that's cohesive with our entire landscape. There is a gap right now with VMware. If you want support for these environments, you have to go elsewhere right now. Hopefully, product management will listen, hear, and change this.

The basic support is not there for Google Cloud and Azure. They are unable to provision nor do cost controls. Google is still left out. It is great that they have done AWS, but we are a retailer which means nothing to us because it is a competitor. Azure is good, but Google is where a lot of our development environments are.

Trial/evaluations only.

Stability is good.

Its scalability still has room to improve when supporting Google Compute Engine, Google Cloud Platform, and Azure.

The solution has helped to increase infrastructure, agility, speed, and provisioning in the time to market.

We are currently looking at CMPs which give the functionality that support VMware and Google Compute Cloud, as well as Azure.

What other advice do I have?

We moved to the solution because it is pushing the agility of IT.

The upgrade process was fine.