VMware vRealize Automation (vRA) Review

Easy to deploy and our Customers have seen ROI

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case for this solution is to automate the development of the infrastructure. I deployed the VM for the development team.

What is most valuable?

I like that it is easy to deploy the infrastructure.

I have found 7.4 to be user-friendly but 7.5 is not, in fact, it's a nightmare. They changed everything on the graphic user interface, the mode where the user interacts with the product.

7.4 is okay but we have had some issues with 7.5. We have issues with the approval process of the request. The link for the approval doesn't work. I opened a ticket with VMware and I still haven't gotten an answer. I don't like the infrastructure.

I have found the scalability to be good. We share infrastructure with multiple machines and infrastructure servers.

Technical support isn't great. I opened a ticket with them two weeks ago and have yet to receive an answer.

We knew that we needed to switch to this solution because our customers asked for it.

The initial setup was straightforward. It's easy to deploy.

The upgrade experience was a nightmare. I upgraded from 7.4 to 7.5 and it's been terrible.

I am the integrator. I do the deployment for our customers.

Our customers have seen ROI but I don't know the exact numbers.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine and would advise someone looking into this or a similar solution to invest in VMware Orchestrator. It's behind vRealize Automation for almost everything. You should know vRealize Orchestrator first and then try to deploy, install, and configure vRealize Automation.