VMware vRealize Automation (vRA) Review

Allows the user to deploy on their own and has increased provisioning speed

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is for making a cloud through ICDC. We have to integrate them into many VM masses with vRA.

How has it helped my organization?

Before it would take months to deploy a VM, now, with this solution, we can deploy many VMs in one hour. We can do a stack of them with Mediaware.

This solution has definitely helped increase the speed of provisioning. We can now deploy many VMs in one hour. We also don't need to call in as many teams to deploy them. Now it's just one team and they can deploy the machines way faster. It's very good.

What is most valuable?

We like that it gives the user the possibility to deploy on their own, we have found that to be a very valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

We have and we haven't found this solution to be user-friendly. In this case, we have another portal in the front because we have some use cases we can add to the products so we use another portal for that to reply to all of the requirements.

This version has all of the features we want.

Stability is good. It helps us provide more services and give more capacities. It improved our infrastructure and gives us more possibilities to provide our users. It's a very good product.

Scalability is good. We also use other solutions and we are still beginners with these products. We still have to set the time to configure it so that we can maximize its benefits.

We had to use their technical support only once. We didn't have any issues with them, they were great.

The setup was complex in many ways. The first reason is that we have many teams who work on it so it gets complicated gathering all of the people needed. The second reason is that it can be complicated to install it quickly, and within a reasonable amount of time.

We have a VMware PSO at work who is very good. He was experienced and had good knowledge so we were very happy. We are very enthusiastic to continue with VMware in the future.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine because we've had a good experience with their consultants. Also, because the product is evolving.

I would advise someone looking into this or a similar solution, to test the solution beforehand and to be in contact with VMware for advice and help with configuration. You'll realize this solution isn't so complicated.

More VMware vRealize Automation (vRA) reviews from users
...who compared it with Nutanix Calm
Find out what your peers are saying about VMware, Red Hat, Cisco and others in Cloud Management. Updated: January 2021.
457,209 professionals have used our research since 2012.