VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) Review

It’s very simple to deploy but has some problems with scalability

What is most valuable?

Real time analytics and reporting plus integration with Log Insight and vRealize Configuration Manager.

How has it helped my organization?

I’m a consultant who delivers this product as well as numerous other VMware products. For the organizations I have deployed it for, and on projects where it has been deployed, it has certainly aided in operating expenditure, better management and reporting of current and future metrics and values.

What needs improvement?

The solution is growing and starting to have more custom dashboards into existing reporting systems which will make it fit better into organisations who have existing solutions that they need to integrate with in an interim manner or permanently.

Three years.

No, it’s an OVA and is now only one machine so it’s very simple to deploy.

No issues encountered.

Only on a very large scale and this is continually being expanded with new releases of vRealize Operations.

Hard to say I am normally part of that customer service.

If someone needed to contact VMware Global support which I have done on behalf of clients before I can say they are very capable.

Some customers use SCOM as this monitors the OS's on the VMs being monitored by vRealize Operations.

Straightforward, as stated before it is one appliance you deploy.

I am normally doing this as either my current company Xtravirt or as VMware PSO.

Customers normally save on operating expenses due to monitoring and future planning being made easier as well as savings due to reporting of wasted resources that they can claim back or at least plan better in the future for deployments.

I’m not an end user but customers normally evaluate others like SCOM.

What other advice do I have?

Do it as it’s a brilliant product.

More VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) reviews from users