VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) Review

Capacity planner is a valuable feature but it could be improved.

What is most valuable?

• Capacity planner
  • Analysis reports
  • Health check
  • Dashboard (Default and customized one’s)

Best tool for capacity planning and analyzing the existing infrastructure in VMware.

How has it helped my organization?

By scheduling the reports on a weekly basis on under-utilized machines and over-utilized machines and analyzing them to provide the best resource. We can then balance them to improve the benefits of the resources and plan for the integration of more VM’s into the existing infrastructure.

What needs improvement?

• Resource management
  • Capacity planning

For the last three years.

No, it's a very simple installation with OFV available from VMware.

No, it’s got a very smooth with functionality.

10/10 as we analyze the infrastructure and present it to our customers to improve the use of resources.

10/10, whenever we have faced any issue with this product VMware have given us good support.

No, I have learned about this product in one of the forums. I thought to use this product to utilize in my environment as it is the best resource analysis and utilization tool.

It’s very straightforward as the installation is done via OFV provided by VMware or easily available for download from VMware site.

In-house implementation.

Good product.

We just need to purchase licenses from VMware and this depends on how many VM’s we need to monitor via this product; else the setup is freely available at VMware site.

No, as I thought this is a good tool as heard in a VMware forum.

What other advice do I have?

Best tool for Capacity Planning and getting the best use of resources.