VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) Review

If any server has high CPU utilization, we can get its usage patterns along with the time frame, although they should show the processes that are consuming the CPU/memory usage.

What is most valuable?

The detailed metrics of the virtual servers/machines and the graphing capabilities. It's amazing to use this product.

How has it helped my organization?

If any server has high CPU utilization, we can get its usage patterns along with the time frame, which helps our team to analyze the system and to take action more appropriately.

What needs improvement?

They should show the processes that are consuming the CPU/memory usage rather than taking the RDP of the server.

I've used it for one and a half years.

10/10.

Apart from vROps, we do use SCOM but the main reason for switching to vROps is because of it shows real-time server statistics and it updates after every 5 minutes in vROps automatically.

It's straightforward and I find easy to use it.

It was done in-house.

• SCOM
  • HPOM

What other advice do I have?

I would say that it will be easier for any team to investigate patterns of CPU/memory use of any VM and the drive utilization.

In addition, you can add many options like memory ballooning, ESX memory utilization, etc. in your own way.

More VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) reviews from users