VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) Review

It can track infrastructure problems easier and is able to diagnose problems quicker

What is most valuable?

Capacity planning: Being able to see trends, so we can help plan for next year's capacity needs.

In infrastructure, from host down to storage (being levels), it can track problems easier and is able to diagnose problems quicker.

How has it helped my organization?

We're more proactive than reactive, so that's important to our customers.

What needs improvement?

The interface can be slow sometimes. I don't know if it's because all the data's being transcribed. When there's an issue, drill down, wait, and that could be a problem.

There's lots of whitepapers out there and installation guides. They also offer installation services for you. I highly recommend having them by your side to do it or else you'll be missing out on a couple things.

We haven't had any issues at all with it.

It's perfect.

Have not used it.

It's a lot easier to click and drill down, which are two things. It is as important as the capacity planning and business chargeback as well.

It was pretty straightforward. Obviously, we had VMware help us through it, but most of it was pretty straightforward.

The vendor has to have great support: 24/7 support.

ManageEngine, and we used Veeam and Veeam ONE. Those were basically the only ones.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend having VMware come in and do a demo about all of the features it has, because a lot of places don't use all the features that are baked in. Thus, they're missing a lot of data that could be useful.

Definitely look how it helps their company and what the product does, because it's not a one size fits all. So definitely understand what the business requirements are and how vROps helps.