VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) Review

It provides complete visibility along with deeper insight into particular VMs

What is most valuable?

It gives complete visibility in the form of cache nodes and the health of all our virtual machines, clusters at all levels. And it gives deeper insight into a particular element of the health of the company, each of the virtual machines, storage. It gives a single point of reference to have a complete view and monitoring of the infrastructure layer, at all levels.

You can categorize what kind of alerts you want to get into, what is the performance of a typical virtual machine.

It gives us complete insights.

How has it helped my organization?

It gives proactive alerts and it can really be useful when it comes to capacity planning. It easily monitors utilization, it helps optimize infrastructure as well, based on the capacity and the real-time utilization. It's a complete product that provides multiple benefits to the organization.

What needs improvement?

One of the expectations would be to have third-party integrations, plug-ins like with Lumidor.

Also, alerting any potential violations in performance monitoring.

Version by version it comes out with a lot of enhancements.

When it comes to scalability, I think we haven't reached that threshold.

They are knowledgeable.

No, not at all.

What other advice do I have?

When selecting a vendor it's important to look at the product roadmap; the underlying platform is VMware anyway. They go hand in hand when it comes to monitoring the infrastructure.

I would definitely suggest evaluating vROps. It's particularly valuable for anybody who is on the VMware platform.