VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) Review

We are able to act before problems happen rather than waiting for end user complaints

What is most valuable?

Being able to see everything that is happening in our infrastructure. There are a lot of problems that we didn't see, but now that we are using vROps we are able to act proactively. It's been a great help for us.

How has it helped my organization?

We have way fewer problems than we had before. We had a lot of VMs with low disk space, a lot of VMs that were quitting and the OS was crashing, and we couldn't see these issues. We had to wait for the end user to complain and then react. Now we are able to act before the problem happens.

What needs improvement?

I think the dev ops for Horizon need improvement.

We haven't had any kind of problems with the tool so far, it's been very stable.

We haven't had time to scale out yet, we have just implemented it.

I have not used technical support for this tool.

We used the previous version of vROps, it was under a different name that I don't remember. They ended support and the tool stopped functioning and we had nothing to monitor.

I was not involved, a partner of mine did it. But for him it was really easy, he didn't have any trouble, did it all by himself.

We didn't consider anything else because we have a big contract and a license for pretty much everything VMware offers, so it was just a matter of using the tools we bought.

What other advice do I have?

When looking at vendors, cost is the number one factor but, of course, the product has to function.

I would definitely say give it a try. It's growing incrementally better, it's really user friendly, the user interface is easy to manage.

More VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) reviews from users
...who work at a Healthcare Company
...who compared it with SolarWinds Virtualization Manager
Learn what your peers think about VMware vRealize Operations (vROps). Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,431 professionals have used our research since 2012.