VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) Review

Helps to utilize our resources by evaluating machine performance, but initial setup was complex

What is most valuable?

We use vROps a lot to do trouble shooting, especially in terms of performance. Also, it helps to utilize our resources, because we can help if the machine is oversized or if it's undersized.

How has it helped my organization?

We've gone from having no insight (into the type of resources which we're using) to a lot of insight. This provides a lot of different reports as to how to keep our business running efficiently.

What needs improvement?

Possibility getting the additional features onto physical boxes in the next release.

It's stable. It doesn't crash.

We like the scalability of the product so far.

We're using another professional services group for this.

We invested in this solution because them management team asked, "Why are you spending this much money on hardware when you're not using it?"

I was involved in the initial setup. It was complex.

We have 11 different pieces of the VMR environment. We had to go through and upgrade them all getting everything done in the right order.

What other advice do I have?

The product is useful and it helps, especially going into a conversation with other IT staff and management.