VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) Review

Monitoring and performance analysis are among its strengths although more stable upgrades would be an improvement

What is most valuable?

The whole feature set, to be honest. Monitoring and, for me, the performance analysis.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps us to create better reports of historical analysis, of performance data, and do better capacity planning.

What needs improvement?

More stable upgrades, if that's a feature. Had some problems so far. Also, more reliable failure detection and more realistic out-of-the-box simplicity.

Quite good.

Could be better, to be honest.

It was okay. I'm not always able to get to the right person. It takes a while. Once I do reach the right person they are usually knowledgeable.

I stumbled into VMware and never got out, to be honest. It's been cool technology for multiple years.

It was straightforward.

We are the partner so we implement.

Nutanix, Rubrik, Cohesity.

What other advice do I have?

When choosing a vendor the most important criteria are experience, maturity and, probably, documentation.

I would advise you get training because it's not so easy to start with and not get lost in vROps. Also, have everything ready the partner tells you to have and have straight expectations about what a solution does and does not do.