VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) Review

The dashboard enables quick action without having to dig, yet I can also drill down for details

What is most valuable?

For me, it's the dashboard. When you first go into the application, just getting that quick overview of what's going on and being able to take action without having to dig in and look at things.

How has it helped my organization?

For myself, it saves me a lot of time. I'm busy doing several different things so having that quick view into the environment saves a lot of time in my day. It also of streamlines the process so I can drill down and see exactly what's going on. Helps us resolve problems before they occur or more quickly resolve problems.

What needs improvement?

For what I use it for I can't think of any improvements needed. Except, perhaps, it's a little slow to load when you go in to it. It could be a little bit quicker to drill into.

Stability is great. Never had a problem with it.

Scalability is great as well. Haven't had any issues.

I haven't used it.

But we knew we needed it because we needed to get a better picture of our environment and what was going on, to troubleshoot. We don't have the staff to do it so we try to utilize technology where we can to save on having to hire additional staff.

It was really easy to set up.I set it up myself.

Pricing is good for us. We're non-profit so we get a break on that.

What other advice do I have?

I really look for support, it is extremely important to me. So if there is an issue, how soon are they going to respond? Also, local partners, that's important too. So a strong partner with a strong organization behind them.

Also, look for what's important to you. For us it was the single pane of glass, not another bolt-on vendor to try to have a view into it. It is nice having everything all live right there inside the center.

In terms of preparing for implementation, I didn't think it was too difficult. I don't know if there's a lot of preparation you need to. Maybe just some clean up work on the front end. It's more after it's implemented that you have things to do.