VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) Review

Improves ability to provision and acquire hardware, though could use more data for their Blast Extreme protocol

What is most valuable?

For vRealize Operations, we use it a lot for capacity planning and our VDI environment.

How has it helped my organization?

It improves our ability to provision and acquire hardware when we run out of capacity for our VDI environment.

What needs improvement?

More data, at least in the VMware, for their Blast Extreme protocol that they use now.

Stability of vROps is good. We have no issues with it.

We haven't had a problem with scalability for vROps. No issues.

We haven't used technical support.

We weren't using something previously.

We needed the feature set that vRealize Operations had. It was already included in the horizon licensing that we purchased.

I was involved in the initial setup. Part of the initial purchase was to have VMware come on site to help install vRealize. An in-house team was sent too.

Just VMware.

What other advice do I have?

Have VMware come onsite to help with the install and knowledge transfer. Also, make sure to research all the different features to use with vRealize Operations.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: Ease of use in the product you are looking to use.