VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) Review

Simple to deploy and helps us look at performance statistics for our environment

Video Review:

What is most valuable?

It's valuable because it helps us look at our performance statistics for our environment.

What needs improvement?

Where the product could improve would be the UI. They just changed the UI on it in this last version, but they could always expand on that, make it a little bit more in depth.

Very stable product, no downtime.

It's very scalable and it will meet our needs going forward.

The tech support is good. I haven't actually had to call tech support on the product as of yet.

We were previously using SolarWinds and we switched to this because it's made by VMware and it works better with VMware than our SolarWinds solution did.

It's simple to deploy, it's an appliance. You just go into your vCenter and deploy it and it's up and going pretty much. You go in and you put in your information for your vCenters, it goes out and collects the data and you're off and going.

What other advice do I have?

I rate it an eight out of 10, because there's always room for improvement, but overall I'm very happy with it.