VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) Review

As we continue to implement it across multiple environments, it reduces costs

What is our primary use case?

Its primary use case has been to give us a proper view of what is happening at an infrastructure level. This is why we opted for the product.

We have more than 137 locations across India. We started using it at a central location where our data center is located and it expanding it to locations.

How has it helped my organization?

There is a lot of manual effort involved when drilling down into problems and determining where they are coming from. With this solution, we are able to see where problems are happening quickly and improve turnaround time, which matters to us.

What is most valuable?

The dashboard: I like that we receive an overview from it of what is happening in our environment.

The solution is somewhat intuitive and very user-friendly. It has interactive sessions which can then be built into reports.

It is quite stable. If you are putting up an infrastructure, it takes about a week to analyze it, then it starts giving you a results.

It is quite scalable. We have started using it in one location, then sending to another and another. Right now, we have 11 locations.

The technical support is great.

For example, we opened a case because we were not sure on the best practices on how to put this up this solution, and the tech support helped us.

We did not previously use another solution. This is the first solution that we have used of its kind.

While the initial setup was somewhat straightforward, there is some complexity. Going forward, I would like there to be more clarity in the process. Because to complete the setup process, our team had to open up a case with the technical support, and they had to guide us through the process.

The solution helped us to reduce time to troubleshoot issues, improved our quality of service to our users, and it provides cost savings for high capacity utilization. Our manpower costs have been reduced due to the automation in conjunction with the usage of the dashboard.

As we continue to implement it across multiple environments, it reduces costs as well.

What other advice do I have?

I always recommend this solution.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor:

• Brand name
  • The vendor's skill set
  • The technical support.
More VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) reviews from users
...who work at a Healthcare Company
...who compared it with SolarWinds Virtualization Manager
Learn what your peers think about VMware vRealize Operations (vROps). Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
535,919 professionals have used our research since 2012.