VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) Review

Gives me insight into cluster utilization, but I would like to see cluster modeling returned

What is our primary use case?

We use it for looking at the resources on our hosts and for looking at the resources on VM as well.

How has it helped my organization?

It allows us to see the VM, our cluster utilization - the cluster level is what I work on the most. We're able to see how much is being utilized, the rate of resource utilization, and when it will actually run out.

What is most valuable?

The solution is intuitive and user-friendly. The UI is nice, it's really simple to use. Building out reports is very simple.

What needs improvement?

One of the most valuable features was the cluster modeling, but they took that away. That's why I rated it a seven out of 10. They keep saying that it's going to be back in the next release and that's what we're looking for. We really want that back.

It works great. No problems whatsoever.

Scalability is pretty good too. They keep coming out with new releases. My vROps guy just put in v6.7 about two months ago, now they're coming out with v7.0. They keep coming out pretty fast. That's good, there are new features. But we just put v6.7 in and now we have to do all that same work over again.

I haven't used technical support for vROps. I'm mostly on the core: vCenter and ESXi. I don't open up tickets for vROps.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, it's a great solution. It's really easy to use, really easy to set up, and especially for reporting, it's really good.