VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) Review

We can detect when a host is getting hit by a lot of VMs, and react as needed

What is our primary use case?

We use it to monitor old ESXi's, the storage, the vCenters, the Brokers, to see if they have enough memory, CPU; to make sure they're not overloading the network.

How has it helped my organization?

We can detect when a host is getting hit by a lot of VMs and we can take care of that host. We can add more memory, more CPU, or maybe we just replace the host.

What is most valuable?

It helps us to monitor the virtual environment. It is also easy to use. We have a monitor with vROps right there. We can see what is going on. Any activity is going to pop up right on the monitor.

What needs improvement?

It's a little bit scattered. I have to go through a lot of steps to get everything in one place. I would like it that if you click on one cluster, you get all the information from the host, VMs, whatever is there. Sometimes I have to go to different places to get the information.

The stability is good. It's fine. I don't have any problems.

We use technical support, but not that much. They're really helpful. Sometimes you get people who don't know what they're saying, but in general, it's good.

Whenever a new product comes, the licenses are renewed automatically.

What other advice do I have?

Get it. It's the best.

No problems. It's a great product. I love it.